Cannabidiol (CBD) Oil’s fast-gaining popularity has gotten more and more people curious about the legality of consuming it. Generally, Cannabidiol Oil is an approved substance as long as it contains below .3 percent of Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC. THC is the psychoactive component in Marijuana or Cannabis that alters the consciousness of the user. Cannabidiol Oil that is purely derived from Hemp, grown by legitimate hemp farms, is generally approved for distribution and use as well.
Each state, though, may have slightly different guidelines when it comes to consuming CBD Oil. Some states allow it for both medical and recreational use, while some only allow it for medical use with a prescription coming from a licensed medical practitioner.
What is prohibited, though, is Cannabidiol Oil that is extracted from Cannabis Sativa Extract as federally speaking. It still considered a Schedule 1 drug by the United States Drug Enforcement Agency.
Cannabidiol Oil use in Utah
Towards the end of 2018, Utah legislators have allowed the use of medical marijuana in their state. Some people with illnesses where Cannabis could be helpful in their treatment are given the Medical Marijuana Card. This card allows Utah-based individuals to possess Cannabis or any Cannabis extracted Oil, including Cannabidiol Oil, regardless of its THC content. The Utah Department of Health issues the medical Marijuana Card.
Utah-based individuals who do not possess a medical marijuana card can still purchase and use CBD Oil too. However, the THC content of the Cannabidiol Oil that they possess and use should be below the .3 percent threshold as set by federal laws.
As for CBD products in the market, manufacturers and suppliers have to seek State permits to distribute these products. To acquire a license, the manufacturer has to send a product sample to the state laboratory for analysis, assessment, and verification of claims. Foremost, in what they verify is the THC levels in the product. It has to be below .3 percent for it to be approved for market distribution.
At present, Utah has over 30 types of Cannabidiol Oil-based products that are approved for distribution within the state, following the approval of the state lab. Most of these products address chronic pain, epilepsy, especially in pediatric patients, and other conditions where Cannabidiol Oil is deemed helpful.
Buying Cannabidiol Oil in Utah
As long as a person holds a Medical Marijuana Card, he can purchase CBD Oil in any of the Marijuana Dispensaries found around the state. For those who do not possess a medical marijuana card, they could avail of CBD Oil and Cannabidiol Oil Based products on any physical and online retailer of CBD products. These CBD Products have a threshold of .3 percent THC. Moreover, there are available CBD Oil based products in natural medicine stores and health food shops around Utah.
Some alternative medicine clinics also carry CBD Oil and Cannabidiol Oil-based products. These alternative health practices though strictly distribute CBD Oil that has no more than .3 percent of THC content to stay on the legal side of Cannabidiol Oil distribution.
Benefits of Cannabidiol oil use
CBD Oil use is more than just hype. In Utah, it has helped countless patients get past their symptoms and illnesses. Here are some health conditions where Cannabidiol Oil has been found helpful:
1. Epilepsy. CBD Oil has dramatically reduced, if not prevented, seizures among children suffering from two of the gravest types of epileptic syndrome. CBD Oil is the main ingredient for a mainstream pharmaceutical drug meant to treat Dravett Syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome. It has been found effective by Utah-based families.
2. Chronic Pain. CBD Oil can help relieve chronic pain, no matter its cause. Chronic pain brought about by rheumatism, arthritis, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, and even end-stage cancer and multiple sclerosis can be relieved as well.
3. Mental health conditions. Cannabidiol oil can help individuals deal with psychological issues such as depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder. By tapping the neurotransmitter that is responsible for the production of serotonin or the body’s feel-good hormone, the patient’s mood improves, and he feels a lot better about himself. Moreover, some of CBD Oil’s active components help block cortisol or the body’s stress hormone. By doing this, the patient feels more relaxed and less anxious.
4. Sleeping difficulty. Whether the pain in sleeping is chronic or acute, Cannabidiol Oil helps in improving a person’s sleep health. By tackling the root cause of sleeplessness, CBD oil gets to arrest insomnia and other sleep health issues.
5. Help in overcoming the side effects of chemotherapy. While chemotherapy is very helpful in fighting cancer, its side effects can be temporarily disabling. Nausea, vomiting, as well as lack of appetite, are the usual complaints of patients undergoing this type of cancer treatment. Through the use of Cannabidiol, patients get to feel better – they are less nauseous and less fatigued. Moreover, they regain their appetite, which allows them to get the nutrition they need to recover from their treatment quickly.
6. Dermatological issues. Cannabidiol oil is anti-inflammatory making it very beneficial for skin-related problems. Psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, among other skin conditions, can get better with the regular topical application of Cannabidiol Oil-based cremes and salves. In Utah, there is a good number of CBD Oil based lotions and medications that can help with the skin issues mentioned above. Just apply these topical ointments as instructed by a health practitioner.