BENEFITS AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR EMPLOYERS WHO HIRE PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
People with disabilities are a qualified and underutilized workforce.
- By opening your job searches to qualified people with disabilities, you gain access to a new and vital talent pool of workers.
A healthy workforce includes people with different abilities.
- A diverse workforce gives you a competitive advantage by adding new ideas, viewpoints and approaches to solving your business challenges.
- Your employees and customers appreciate diversity.
Making accommodations for people with disabilities is usually easy and inexpensive, and can actually carry a return.
- The average accommodation costs less than $500.
- Companies earn an average return of $28.69 for every dollar invested in making an accommodation.
Employing people with disabilities makes good business sense because it has a direct impact on your bottom line.
- Retention rates among people with disabilities are higher than average thus reducing training costs
- People with disabilities are loyal customers to businesses who support them. Customers with disabilities control discretionary income of nearly $200 billion (twice the teen market)