Research On EmployerAs you plan for a job that will lead to a career, you should research employers that have the characteristics that you desire. Here are some questions to guide your research:
- What kind of business is this? What is its product/service?
- How many people are employed in the company?
- Where is the local plant/office located?
- Who is the head of the local business operation (name/title)?
- What are the requirements for the job for which you are applying?
- What are the salary ranges for the job?
- What are the business dress requirements, if any?
- Do you know if this employer has had any experience in hiring persons with disabilities?
Many of the answers you are looking for can be found on the company’s website.
Helpful Web Sites:
The Workforce Recruitment program for College Students with Disabilities is a resource for businesses nationwide to identify qualified temporary and permanent employees for a variety of fields. www.wrpjobs.org